Ski & Board
Follow Us On Twitter For Parking/Traffic Updates
Follow us on Twitter for real-time parking and traffic updates on the weekends.
SAVE up to 38% with the 4-Pass
The $219 4-Pass is now available for online purchase only.
No blackout dates, not transferable and must be used during the 2014-2015 season.
Where to Go
Your first few moments at a resort can be a little overwhelming.
This page will guide you from driving through the gate, parking and getting to the ticket windows. Every member of our staff is here to make your visit a pleasant one — please feel free to ask if you have any questions!
When I arrive at the area what exactly is the process that I go through?
- There is plenty of free parking at Eldora Mountain Resort. Entering the lot our parking staff will direct you where to park your car. If you arrive early in the day, you will park close to the Indian Peaks Lodge in the base area. For later arrivals, you may be parking in the lower or North parking lots, but convenient shuttle buses run between the parking areas and the base area. Please be sure to bring everything you need from your car and lock your vehicle.
- Your first stop should be Skier Services in the Indian Peaks Lodge to purchase a ticket, rent equipment and sign up for a First Timers lesson. The Indian Peaks Lodge is the big log building on your left if you are standing in the base area parking lot looking up the mountain. The ticket counter is on the first floor of the Indian Peaks Lodge as you walk through the doors. Lift tickets are considered like a general admission. You must have a lift ticket to have slope access. If you need to rent equipment or take a lesson you will do all of this at the ticket counter. If you have children ages 4-12 who are taking lessons, you will need to go upstairs to the Children’s Center. If you are only buying a ticket you can also do that across the parking lot in the Old Lodge, at the Season Pass office on the bottom floor of the lodge.
- The ticket counter is where you purchase/pick-up your lift ticket, lesson and/or equipment rental packages in one transaction. If you are taking a lesson and/or renting equipment you will first need to fill out a Rental Form and Lesson Liability Release Form. These forms can be found on clipboards on the ledges against the walls by the ticket counter. One form will need to be filled out per family renting or taking a lesson. Once you have filled out the form, proceed to the ticket counter to make your purchase. The First Timers Ski or Snowboard Package is the most economical way to go as it includes everything you will need for a great first time experience - a lift ticket, equipment rental and a lesson all packaged together. After you have made your transaction, our ticket staff will hand you a lift ticket, a lesson voucher and a copy of the rentals form.
- After receiving your lift ticket, place it on your jacket. Thread the metal wire through a pocket zipper, peel the paper backing off the ticket, place the bottom of the metal wire at the fold of the ticket and put half the ticket behind the wire and half in front of the wire so that the two sticky sides meet and stick together with the wire in between them. Be sure to ask resort staff to help you.
- If you are renting equipment, you will proceed with your rental form to get fitted for equipment to either the right side for snowboard equipment or to the left for ski equipment. The first stop is to be fitted for boots. Our Rental staff will help you find the correct boot sizes. Sizes generally match your foot in a dress shoe. Only one pair of socks please! Otherwise the boots will not fit properly. The boots should feel tight but should not hurt your feet. It takes time to fit equipment to each individual. Expect to spend at least 15 to 20 minutes even if there is no wait.
- After you have your boots, proceed to the back counter to receive your skis or snowboard. You will be asked your height and weight so your equipment will be properly fitted to you.
- You may need to check your personal belongings such as a jacket, backpack, regular shoes, etc. There is a basket check, located at the entrance to the ski rental area or there are plenty of coin-operated lockers located in the Old Lodge across the parking lot.
- If taking a lesson you will next go to the SnowSports meeting area with your equipment and your lesson voucher. To get to the meeting area, which is located behind the Indian Peaks Lodge, just walk out the back door of the Rentals area. There will be signs indicating the different lessons. Be sure to be in front of the appropriate sign with your equipment all ready for your lesson at least 15 minutes prior to the lesson start time. Your SnowSports instructor will meet you at the lesson sign.
- At the end of the day turn in your rental equipment by entering the Rentals area through the rear door of the Indian Peaks Lodge and hand your equipment to an employee behind the counter.
- What about lunch and snacks? Eldora has four restaurants to choose from for lunch and snacks. Upstairs in the Indian Peaks Lodge there are soups, sandwiches and snacks, the Old Lodge has a full cafeteria with hot foods and other items, and there is also a mountain top restaurant The Lookout, that serves soups and snacks. The Corona Bowl Bar is a full service bar in the Old Lodge and has a great deck for eating and drinking outside on nice days.